|This page contains spoilers!|
Mt. Igneus is a volcano located on Route 6, behind Brimber City. It is where the Legendary Pokémon Groudon is located. When the player explores this volcano for the first time, the player must expel Team Eclipse, as the villainous team had robbed the Red Orb from Brimber Gym and have headed to summit crater of the mountain to wake Groudon.
The summit crater of Mt. Igneus is where the first real showdown of player and Team Eclipse takes place. Eclipse Admin Harry places the Red Orb to awaken Groudon despite being defeated by the player, only to be scared off by the enraged Legendary Pokémon when his mask is blown off by only a roar. Gym Leader Sebastian comes to the player's rescue immediately afterwards, quickly calming Groudon and averting the crisis of a volcanic eruption.
Lava Pool to Igneus Depths
There is a tunnel that leads to a lava pool, which can only be bypassed when HM8 Rock Climb is acquired. Hiker Darrel is there for the player to battle and he is also available for rematches. Once players gain access to Rock Climb, they can bypass the lava pool and head into Igneus Depths, where another volcanic Legendary Pokémon rests.
Note: Rarity levels are estimations according to this scale and might be subject to changes due to different encounter assessment results. If there are any Pokémon with low catch rates, the possibility to flee or requirement of gaining happiness to evolve, recommended Poké Balls for that Pokémon will be shown with the corresponding bag sprite under the Pokémon's name.
|Slugma||Common||None||1 Sp. Atk|
|Numel||Uncommon||None||1 Sp. Atk|
|Heatmor||Rare||None||2 Sp. Atk|
|Magby||Very Rare||1 Speed|
|Click on the Pokémon names to check their learnsets on Bulbapedia. All Pokémon above have been updated to follow their movesets in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Hover on the item sprites to check the exact chance of being held by the Wild Pokémon.|
Note: Trainer marked with a star symbol (*) is available for rematches.
|Eclipse Grunt Mason ||Slugma||Lv. 16||171||1 Sp. Atk||$640
|Eclipse Grunt Jay ||Zubat♂||Lv. 15||157||1 Speed||$600|
|Lv. 15||208||1 HP|
|Eclipse Grunt Louie ||Ekans||Lv. 16||198||1 Atk||$640
|Eclipse Grunt Luey ||Numel♂ ×2||Lv. 15||196 ×2||1 Sp. Atk|
|Zubat♂||Lv. 15||157||1 Speed|
|Eclipse Admin Harry ||Honedge||Lv. 17||236||1 Def||$1440|
|Vullaby||Lv. 17||269||1 Def|
|Lunatone||Lv. 18||594||2 Sp. Atk|
|Lava Pool Chamber|
|Hiker Darrel *||Slugma ×2||Lv. 15||160 ×2||1 Sp. Atk|
|Numel♂||Lv. 15||196||1 Sp. Atk|
|There was no change to the above matches between any of the updates.|
|Inside a gap from the ledge accessible by jumping down on top of the roundabout leading to summit crater.|
|Some of the items have been added during certain updates, or are event-only. Please check the corresponding section for details.|
- As half of the wild Pokémon gives Special Attack Effort Values upon defeat (with Heatmor giving 2), and Hiker Darrel's Pokémon gives 1 Sp. Atk EV each, Mt. Igneus is ideal for the player to enhance his or her Pokémon's Sp. Atk stat.
- It is even better for the player to head deeper into Igneus Depths once gaining access to HM8 Rock Climb.
- The music in Mt. Igneus was based on Hoenn Route 113 from the core series game Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. It has been replaced by an original soundtrack made by Kyle Allen Music.
- The background music during the cutscene of Groudon awakening is based on the theme for VS Champion Lance / Pokémon Master Red in Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
- TM43 Flame Charge was added in Version 0.13.4 update on 7th June, 2017.